Monday, June 6, 2011

Pikachu Nails

Pika-pika?

Are you guys all familiar with this little character? It's pikachu! Of course, as a 90's kid, Pokemon was an integral part of my childhood. I mean, I was nuts about it! (But who wasn't?) I played the games, woke up in the morning to watch new episodes, collected and played the trading cards... etc! So while cleaning up an old drawer in my room, I saw a few Pokemon things and decided I should do a Pokemon manicure. And of course... I had to dedicate to the most popular and famous one of all... Pikachu!





The colors I used for this manicure were: China Glaze - Happy Go Lucky, OPI - Big Apple Red, and China Glaze - Liquid Leather. If any of you guys are interested... I made a short tutorial to achieve these same nails! It's pretty simple. Click the image for the full version. ^^


So what do you guys think? Do you like pikachu or Pokemon too? I hope you enjoyed this manicure. (: Also... if you also do these nails, please share the results! I'd looove to see.

13 comments:

  1. Omgsh this is too cute ! <3

    & I loved Pokemon, still play it on my DS xD GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute!! thanks for the tutorial too~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww!!! I LOVE Pikachu~ and these nails are tooooo cuuuuute XDXDXD Great job!! I gotta try this if you don't mind...;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww this is too cute *_*

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love these nails! sooooo adorable! i gotta try it :)
    thanks for the post :)

    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woow, pikachu-nails! How cute is that!! :3
    Thanks for sharing~~ I am going to try this nail art some time soon :D/

    ReplyDelete
  7. this manicure is adorable. I'm still a Pikachu fan ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments, everyone! If you try this, please show me pics :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. omfg that is soooo cute I can just faint *.*

    I am so terrible at drawing any sort of animals on my nails T_T you are so great with drawing pictures with a brush, like your icecream nails!!

    If I were to do it, I would use two red rhinestones and put it on Pikachu's cheeks for one of the nails (or black ones for eyes on the other hand) or something like that =p

    it's awesome!! love it. I wish you can do my nails for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ frostedsnow - Sharon, that is a great idea! Rhinestones would be an awesome touch. :P And I'm glad you like it! I would do your nails for you if I could too~ I am often bored~ >W<;

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute,cute! It's one of my favourite in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for your tutorial! I tried it on my nails today:
    http://kobitosnails.tumblr.com/post/18195881010/pokemon-nails
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are so adorable!! I wanted to let you know that I tried this tutorial out and posted the results on my blog! ^__^ Thanks for the tutorial!

    http://ohmycutie.blogspot.com/2012/03/pac-man-nails.html
    (towards the end of the post)

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!