Monday, June 20, 2011

NYX Liquid Crystal Liner: Crystal Gold & Hip

Today I have to share with you, NYX's Liquid Crystal Liners! Crystal Liquid Liners are liquid liners with tons micro-glitter suspended in them. I have purchased two colours, Crystal Gold and Crystal Hip. (:

NYX Liquid Crystal Liner in Crystal Gold & Crystal Hip

NYX Liquid Crystal Liner in Crystal Gold & Crystal Hip

Crystal Gold is a gold glitter suspended in a clear liner base. Crystal Hip is a white glitter that sparkles in multichrome, suspended in a clear base.


For some odd reason, the brush applicators inside the liner tubes were not the same size. As you can see in the photo, one is thicker and less pointed. The application wasn't affect too much by the difference... though I did prefer the thinner brush. :P



NYX's Liquid Crystal Liner is thinner than MAC's Liquidlast, but taller in height. It feels a little light, but the size is good.

Onto the swatches!

Crystal Gold & Crystal Hip over Jumbo Pencils in Black Bean and Milk


As you can see, these liners show up nicely over other colors. I think Crystal Gold could be worn alone, as the glitter is much more prominent. Crystal Hip definitely should be worn over another liner, in my opinion. Also, the way it sparkles over the other liners is just fabulous! The multichrome is really great. However, these do have a long drying time... which is bit troublesome for me with my monolid/hooded eyelids! ): But the glitter is just too pretty!

Crystal Gold on top of black eyeliner

Crystal Hip over black eyeliner


Disclaimer: These products were purchased by me.

2 comments:

  1. i like the Crystal Hip over black :D
    thanks for the review and swatch :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the poster above me, i also like crystal hip over black!! I have a similar liner and i'm thinking maybe i should give it a try too some time!

    what do u think of the nyx liners compared to the mac one?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!