Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday

May is my birthday month, so I decided it would be fitting to wear Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday nail lacquer for awhile. It is such a happy and festive polish, so it definitely made me cheery! While I was painting my nails, I thought it would be nice to share swatches and pictures with you guys. (: Happy Birthday is a polish that has received tons of publicity and *I* would consider it a cult favorite and must have!

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday

This polish is definitely a party in a bottle! It's perfect for any celebration, from birthdays to graduations to I'd say... even weddings! C:

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday is a polish that about five different colors of glitter suspended in a clear base. The shapes and sizes of the glitter varies, with small to large hexagonal and circular pieces.

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, 1 coat in natural light

Here it is in one coat, with no base or top coat. You can see, the coverage is pretty good (in my opinion), with just that. However, if you like more glitter, a second coat is very nice and stunning. I actually like the look fine with just one layer, which is good if you're in a hurry!

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, 2 coats in natural light

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, 2 coats in natural light

Here is the polish with two coats. Again, no base or top coat. Wow! I love the coverage, and if you have any bald spots after two coats... you can also just cover the spots you missed without requiring an entire third coat. I love all the glittery pieces layered up. It definitely looks like a party on my nails!

When you go out into the sunlight with this polish on... dang!! Haha! It is so sparkly. The sequins pick up and reflect light really well. I couldn't stop looking at nails the first time I went out with it. Do you guys own this polish? What do you think of it? I know Milani has a dupe... but drug store polishes are actually difficult for me to find. ): So I'll stick with this one. If you don't already have this... I suggest you go out and buy it! Or at least add it to your wish list. ^^

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is sooo perfect for partiesXD I've never seen so many different coloured glitters and holograms in one bottle!! So gorgeous and happy:D If I find this, I'll definitely get one:) Are you planning on something for your B' day??? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way it looks with on coat as well!

    And happy upcoming bday~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Minnie - Yes, you should definitely get it if you find it! :D My birthday has already passed... I am just slow at posting blog entries! ^^; My friends threw me a surprise party. It was fun C:

    @ frostedsnow - Thanks for the bday wish! I think next time I wear this, I'll use just one coat. Two coats was a pain to remove! Lol. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Happy Birthday", it's such an awesome glitter polish but so pricey but I couldn't resist getting it as well. I'm also trying to get my hands on a couple of dupes like Milani "Gems" but it's always sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ che - Omg, exactly! Once I heard about the Milani dupe, I went to all my nearby drugstores... but they never have any new polish colors! Lol~ I never have any luck with drugstore brands. -__- I hope you can find it though! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!