Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Cosmic" Manicure - Galaxy Inspired Nails

Scouring through the world of nail art on the internet, I stumbled across something called 'galaxy' nails. I've also seen it referred to as 'space', 'cosmic', and 'nebula' nails as well. I was intrigued by the idea and I liked a few of the results I found. So eventually... I had to take my own stab at it!

So I gathered up my tools... that's seven polishes total! Of course, base coat and top coat too, so make that nine? Haha. I started with a deep coloured base with some shimmer, and layered frost, sheer shimmer, black, and duochrome polishes on top. Of course, I had to finish it all off with a glittery polish, I used China Glaze's Shooting Star. And onto my results:

Ta-da? Aha, so my take on these nails were more "cosmic-ly abstract" (by accident) versus actually galactic. I am terrible at depicting space and nebula... and I ended up just mushing all the colours together. Oh wells! However, I was satisfied with the result. And surprisingly, it didn't take all that long to do. (:

I think since they are a bit flashy, this manicure would best be suited for shorter nail lengths... but that's just imo! ^^

Here it is with flash...

And a little blur to show the glimmers... ^__^;

What do you guys think? Like it? Don't like it? >w< Too glittery? Not glittery enough? Where are the nebula? Lol. Well anyway, a few weeks ago, I found some blank nail sets and I've been wanting to play with it. Since I ended up liking my cosmic manicure, I decided to paint them onto a set! And here it is:

This is a 22 piece set, fit for medium-small to small-petite hands. These are "active-length," so they are a bit short to suit the lifestyles of lower maintenance gals.

I'm offering this set for sale... is anyone interested? Of course, it's hand painted. It won't come with nail glue, unfortunately. ): But because of that, I'm offering it for $6.50 shipped within the U.S. Payment via paypal (which offers buyer protection!) with no extra fees. Let me know if you are interested. ^^

14 comments:

  1. wow, that's really cool! it looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! my friend has her cousin do her nails like this, and it looks just like yours! i'd try it out for myself, but i dont have the right colors on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ jane - Thanks! (:

    @ Clarissa - I think you could use any dark and shiny colors ^^

    @ anonymous - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did mine Yesterday, but i still think i need something to my nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ chell - i'd love to see pics! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to snag these from you.
    Are they still for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Idk how to contact you... when I click on your name it doesn't send me anywhere. ): But yes, the set is still available! Please send me an email at panphilatan[at]yahoo.com and I'll get back to you asap (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW THATS AMAZING LDJFSKJDGF;aG, i would buy them but i live in australia :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I loved the nails and as I dont live in the US maybe i could pay for a tutorial or sth? I would love to have the nails! Please contact at der.knees@hotmail.com and hopefully we can work something out?

    ReplyDelete
  10. your galaxy nails are sooo pretty! I want to recreate something like that too, but I only recently got back into nail polish so I don't have any to even try to do that effect.

    btw, your header is really cute. like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Soo - Thanks! I don't think you need as many polishes as I used to make cosmic nails. Fourish would be fine too. ^^ I'm glad you like the header! XD <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Out of curiosity where did you get the false nail plate? I've been looking all over for them but can't quite find them :( Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ che - I got mine at Daiso (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!